*NEW! Indonesia PTP Java A/WP-1X Bold Bean Estate Jampit 1lb (16oz)
- Recommended Roast Profiles: Medium to Dark. Also great for an Espresso Roast!!
- Cup Characteristics: This coffee cups with low acidity and medium body and is an almost necessary part of the best known coffee blend in the world: MOCHA-JAVA. It offers relatively low acidity, smooth and well-balanced cup that is often more acidic than the Sulwesi or Sumatra and has a bit of a spicier flavor.
- This Arabica Java Estate coffee is from the Island of Java, Indonesia. From the diverse and very traditional island, there are many different qualities available. It is home to the first commercial coffee plantations in the world on the East end of Java on the IJEN Plateau surrounded by 3 different and active volcanos.
- Java PTP Plantation Arabica: These coffees are very known in the Specialty Coffee Industry, with production to about 2,500 tons and the crop period is between June and October. .
- Indonesia was introduced to coffee by the Dutch in the mid-seventeenth century. It is home to the first commercial coffee plantations in the world. The first coffee production sold was in 1712 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Coffee production expanded well during these early days; however, in 1877, the coffee plantations were wiped out by a coffee root disease forcing the country to replant new coffee trees. Most new coffee plants came from Africa and were primarily Robusta Beans, because these were more root disease resistant. Today Indonesia is still a major producer of Robusta Beans. However 10 to 15% of the Coffees produced in Indonesia are Arabica beans. The best growing regions for the Arabica varieties are on the islands of Sumatra, Sulawesi, Java, Flores, and Bali. Indonesian Arabica beans are traditionally strong, complex flavored, with a syrupy quality and often a balanced acidity.