The Mara X is the product of two years of research & development spent perfecting the E61 group heat exchange system. The machine integrates not one, but TWO PID sensors to monitor temperature stability for even higher quality espresso extractions. We love the new Eco Mode, which puts the Mara X into standby after 30 minutes of activity, saving you a large amount of energy consumption. Plus, the machine can easily be activated and return to full power by simply engaging the brew handle.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- Manual resettable safety thermostat – Located on top of the boiler.
- Stainless steel, insulation – The boiler is made of stainless steel, but please note any stainless steel boiler can develop limescale. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention. Internal pipes also in copper.
- Thermo-siphon double-cycle system – Keeps the brew group and the boiler always hot, at the right temperature.
- Polymer tubing connection – From the boiler to steam and hot water valves: Alimentary. Able to withstand high pressure and high temperatures up to 620 °F. Facilitates easier repairs. Most importantly, are limescale free.
- Power-saving system – Decreases the pressure in the steam boiler when the PL62X is not in active use. Thus, this prevents any needless misuse.
- Stainless steel – Brushed finish diminishes fingerprints.
- New custom temperature switch – No need to worry about the PL62X’s brewing temperature! Now you can use this new switch behind the drip tray and choose one of three settings. Furthermore, these settings are warm, hot, or extra hot.
- Height-adjustable feet – Can compromise with the size of your kitchen cabinets.
- Power plug – Completely detaches from the espresso machine and can fit into the drip tray for long term storage.
- Steam (boiler) pressure gauge – Top half of boiler, which has steam, is measured. Measurement is from 0 to 4 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.2.
- Brew pressure gauge – This gauge measures the pump pressure required to get the water through the ground espresso coffee in the filter basket. If too coarse, the gauge will be below 8 bar. If too fine, the gauge will be over 10 bar. The same applies to the amount of the coffee in the basket as well as the tamping pressure. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
- New BLACK Logo
- Preset Temperature programming – Allows you to select from 3 different boiler temperature ranges for different coffee blends.
- Pre-set Temperatures Modes – With each mode comes three pre-set temperatures, which are warm, hot, and extra hot.
- Steam and coffee temperature detection – Performed two times per second and modifies the settings, depending on if the unit is given priority to coffee mode or steam mode.
- Double probe system – Sustains the brew temperature in order to consistently make the best shots of espresso.
After 30 minutes of inactivity, the Mara X will automatically go into stand-by mode to reduce power consumption. When this mode is activated, the machine can be turned back on to full power by simply lifting the brew handle up and down again. This eco-mode mode can be turned off permanently by simply powering down your Mara X, lifting the brew handle, powering on your Mara X (with the brew handle up) and waiting for the power light to flash for five seconds. Once this flashing occurs, your machine now has turned the eco mode off. Lower the brew handle, turn the machine off and then back on again to use the machine with eco-mode off
Included with the Lelit Mara X
- Portafilter – 1 coffee slide spout portafilter with three filters (9-11g/14-18g/18-21g).
- Measuring scoop – A simple plastic scoop used to measure and dose pre-ground espresso coffee.
- Insert baskets – Three filter baskets included (single 9-11 grams, double 14-18 grams, and triple 18-21 grams)
- Blind filter basket – used for back flushing/backwashing
- Water softener resin filter – recharge minimum twice a month (depending on water hardness) and replace once every 6 months
- Small Cup Riser – Suitable to lift 2 espresso cups so there is less distance in the extraction to cup. This improves quality in the cup.
- Cleaning brush – For cleaning the group head gasket
- Tamper – A solid 58 mm tamper in stainless steel and red wood handle. One less accessory you will need to buy.
Kit for initial cleaning –
- Back flushing: 3 single-dose packs for the 1st time as well as cleaning the accessories.
- Steam wand cleaning: 1 dose bottle for the 1st time.